Saturday, March 22, 2014

Vignette #4: A Kinkajou's tale. Part 1: Attack of the monkeys!



So remember how I mentioned that the monkeys could be bullies sometimes? Well this one time we found a kinkajou. On a side note I would like to express my sincere hope that you are all appreciating as much as I do the wonderful names that Latin American wildlife seems to have. Yesterday, I would like to remind you, we had Caracaras and Great Potoos. You're welcome.

Anyway, here is the little rapscallion.








Cute, I hear you say. Decent photos, too. Not as nice or in focus as some of the other gorgeous pieces of work we've seen on this masterpiece of a blog

Oh, stop it, you.

...but let's be reasonable here. Maybe Ed was drunk when he took that one.

Did I awkwardly shoehorn in that sentence solely so I would have
 the opportunity to show you this photo again?
Maybe.

Well, first of all, how dare you. That would be unprofessional.

And secondly, if anyone was drunk, it was the kinkajou. Drunk on fear. Most of the photos I took turned out more like this...

                     


... on account of that little dude being relentlessly pursued by some of the most adorably vicious creatures on the planet. Here is is in glorious moving picture format. I apologise if the shakiness is off-putting, he really was jumping all over the place.



The noises the monkeys are making are called mild vocal threats, or squeak threats, code AVO.

They let him go after a while, but not before they'd called him fat and given him a wedgie. Nature is cruel.






No comments:

Post a Comment